Data protection statement
Disclosures pursuant to Section 5 of the German Telemedia Act (TMG):
aprile consulting GmbH
Represented by: Dr Ing. (I) Nico Aprile
datenschutz (at) aprileconsulting.com
2. External data protection officer
If you have any questions regarding our data protection measures, the processing of your data or regarding the protection of your data subject rights, you can reach us and our data protection officer as follows:
represented by Prof. Dr Christoph Bauer
Große Bleichen 21, 20354 Hamburg
3. Personal data
Personal data is any information about the personal and factual circumstances of an identified or identifiable person.
We collect and process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Contact and name information, insofar as you have provided us with your contact information in the contact form
- Information relating to your request in the contact form.
- Your contact information (such as first and last name, address, email address, telephone number),
- Your correspondence with us,
- Log files containing information about your visit to our website
- Online identifiers (such as cookie IDs, IP addresses, advertising IDs).
4. Legal basis
The processing of your data is carried out subject to the following legal bases:
- The processing of your data is done on the following legal bases:
- in relation to services which you make use of for performance under a contract with you, Art. 6 (1) letter b) GDPR,
- the fulfillment of legal obligations (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c) DSGVO),
- otherwise, particularly in the case of statistical data and online identifiers, on the basis of legitimate interests, Art. 6 (1) letter f) GDPR (see below).
In processing your data, we pursue the following legitimate interests:
- improvement of our offering,
- protection against misuse,
- technical necessity for the provision and delivery of the website,
- our own statistics,
- protection against theft and violation of property and preservation of evidence
6. Data sources
Unless otherwise stated, we obtain the data from you (including through the devices you use). If we do not collect the personal data directly from you, we will also tell you the source of the personal data and, if applicable, whether it is from publicly available sources.
7. Duration of storage
We store your data:
- if you have consented to processing, until such time as you withdraw your consent,
- if we require the data for performance under a contract, not beyond the end of the period for which the contractual relationship with you exists or statutory retention periods happen to run,
- if we use the data on the basis of a legitimate interest, but only as long as your interest in erasure or anonymisation does not override such legitimate interest.
8. Purposes for use
Personal data are only collected by us and only to the extent and for the purpose for which you voluntarily provide us with such data, e.g. as part of a registration.
We use your personal information only within the Company and pass it on only to those enterprises that participate in performance under agreements concluded with you or otherwise in the provision of services. Otherwise your personal data will not be passed on to any third parties unless you have explicitly given your consent or we are obliged to surrender the data in question, e.g. due to a court or official order.
We process your data for the following purposes:
- for the contact you have requested
- for processing contracts with you
- for sending out newsletters and invitations
- protection against theft and violation of property and preservation of evidence
- for correspondence with you,
- for quality assurance and statistics,
- to provide our service,
- to consider your application
- to improve our service.
Cookies are small files that your browser stores on your device in a designated directory. These cookies can be used, for example, to determine whether you have visited a website before. Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can set your browser so that no cookies are stored or explicit consent is required before a cookie is stored. You can also delete cookies that have already been set at any time. Please note that deactivating cookies may lead to restrictions in the use of our website. In the case of cookies, which are absolutely necessary to provide the website properly, we base the setting of cookies on Section 25 (2) No. 2 TTDSG or the processing of personal data on our legitimate interest under Article 6 (1) lit. f DSGVO to make our website available and to ensure this and your functionality and user-friendly design.
We set the following cookies:
- Purpose: Technically necessary
- Name of the cookie in the browser: PHPSESSID
- Lifetime of the cookie: Session
- What data is collected: Unique identifier consisting of randomized string to recognize the visit.
- For what purpose is the data collected: To maintain the session for the site visitor between visits.
- Legal basis: Legitimate interest, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
When processing your data, we cooperate with the following service providers who have access to your data:
- Web analytics tool providers
- web hosting and web development providers,
- IT development service providers,
- ticketing and customer support software providers,
- Marketing and advertising agencies,
- E-mail and newsletter providers,
- Proofreading and translation service providers,
- CRM system service providers,
- Cloud services
- Conference and webinar software,
- Online survey service providers,
- Chat software service providers,
- Social media platforms,
- Accounting and billing service providers
10. Web analysis
We use analytics tools on our website in the form of tracking software to determine the frequency of use and number of users of our website.
We use the open source software Matomo from InnoCraft Ltd, 7 Waterloo Quay PO625, 6140 Wellington, New Zealand, to analyze and statistically evaluate the use of the website. The information on website usage obtained as a result is transmitted exclusively to our servers and summarized in pseudonymous usage profiles. We use the data to evaluate the use of the website. The data collected is not passed on to third parties.
The IP addresses are anonymized (IP masking), so that an assignment to individual users is not possible.
The processing of the data is based on our legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f) DSGVO. We thereby pursue our legitimate interest in optimizing our website for our external presentation.
You can object to the processing of your data with the following opt-out.
Your visit to this website is currently collected by Matomo web analytics.
You can object to the processing of your data with the following opt-out. You have the option to prevent actions you take here from being analyzed and linked. This will protect your privacy, but will also prevent the owner from learning from your actions and improving usability for you and other users
We use Google Ads, an online advertising program of Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland (hereinafter "Google"), which enables us to play ads in the Google search engine or on third-party websites when the user enters certain search terms on Google (keyword targeting).
In addition, targeted ads can be served based on user data available on Google (audience targeting), such as your age and gender, general location, search activity, previous interactions with ads, and types of websites visited.
We can evaluate this data quantitatively with the provider Matomo without setting cookies, for example, by analyzing which search terms led to the playout of our ads and how many ads resulted in impressions and clicks. This also allows us to improve our keywords and add content to our website that matches what users are searching for.
The data processing is based on Art. 6 (1) lit. f DSGVO. We thus exercise our legitimate interest in analyzing user behavior to improve our advertising and web offerings.
Further information on Google Ads under the following links:
11. Log files
Each time our Internet pages are accessed, usage data is transmitted by the respective Internet browser and stored in log files, the so-called server log files. The data records stored in this process contain the following data: Website visited, domain from which the user accesses the website, date and time of access IP address of the accessing computer, website(s) visited by the user as part of the offer, amount of data transferred, browser type and version, operating system used, name of the Internet service provider, message as to whether the retrieval was successful. These log file data records are evaluated in anonymized form in order to improve the offer and make it more user-friendly, to find and correct errors and to control the utilization of servers. This is also our legitimate interest in data processing according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. This data is not passed on to third parties. Access data is stored in the log file for a maximum of 7 days.
We use the services of third parties for various functions of our website.
Contact Form 7
13. Video surveillance of our offices Alstertor 9, Hamburg
Due to the legitimate interest according to Art. 6 (1) lit. f DSGVO to protect against theft and property violations and a related preservation of evidence, our entrance areas are video-monitored. Please note the corresponding signs when visiting our offices. The video data is recorded and automatically deleted after a period of 7 days. Please also refer to the section "Rights of the person concerned".
14. Transfer to third countries
Data transfer to countries outside the European Economic Area takes place. We only transfer personal data to third countries where the EU Commission has confirmed an adequate level of protection or where we can ensure the careful handling of personal data through contractual agreements or other suitable guarantees, such as certifications or proven compliance with international security standards, which you can view upon request.
15. Rights of the data subject
- you have the right to request information as to whether and, if so, which of your personal data are processed by us. You also have the right to request rectification or completion of your personal data,
- Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request that your personal data be deleted.
- You have the right, under certain circumstances, to request that the processing of your personal data be restricted.
- You may revoke your consent to the processing and use of your data in whole or in part at any time with effect for the future.
- You may object to the processing of your data.
- You have the right to data portability, i.e. to receive your personal data in a common, structured and machine-readable format and to transfer it or have it transferred to another responsible party.
- You can also contact our data protection officer in writing with questions, comments and complaints, as well as requests for information in connection with our data protection statement and the processing of your personal data.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of personal data relating to you is in breach of the law.
To exercise your data subject rights or if you have any questions about the data protection measures of aprile consulting GmbH, please contact us by e-mail at: datenschutz (at) aprileconsulting.com.
If you have a particularly sensitive request, please contact our data protection officer by mail, as communication by e-mail can always have security gaps. Please indicate in the request that your concern relates to the company aprile consulting.
16. Requirement or obligation to make data available
Unless expressly stated at the time of collection, the provision of data is not required or obligatory.
17. Automated decision-making (including profiling).
Automated decision-making - including profiling - does not take place.
This data protection declaration was created with great care together with our data protection officer and the experts of the company ePrivacy GmbH, as we attach particular importance to the protection of your data.